[Updated: Dec 14, 2021] CNC Stock Rise
The stock price of Centene (NYSE: CNC), a full-line managed services company which services both government sponsored and private insurance health care programs, has seen a rise of 4% in a month (twenty-one trading days), while it is up 9% in a week, near to its all-time high levels of around $80. The recent rise in CNC stock can be attributed to the company’s multiple announcements on its future outlook.
Now that CNC stock is up 4% in a month, will it continue its upward trajectory, or is a fall imminent? Going by historical performance, there is a higher chance of a rise in CNC stock over the next month. Out of 1090 instances in the last ten years that CNC stock saw a twenty-one day rise of 4% or more, 653 of them resulted in CNC stock rising over the subsequent one month period (twenty-one trading days). This historical pattern reflects 653 out of 1090, or about 60% chance of a rise in CNC stock over the coming month. See our analysis on Centene Stock Chance of A Rise for more details.
While CNC stock may see higher levels going forward, it is helpful to see how its peers stack up. Check out Centene Stock Comparison With Peers to see how CNC stock compares against peers on metrics that matter. You can find more such useful comparisons on Peer Comparisons.
Calculation of ‘Event Probability‘ and ‘Chance of Rise‘ using last ten years data
- After moving 8.9% or more over a five-day period, the stock rose in the next five days on 49% of the occasions.
- After moving 5.9% or more over a ten-day period, the stock rose in the next ten days on 63% of the occasions
- After moving 3.8% or more over a twenty-one-day period, the stock rose in the next twenty-one days on 60% of the occasions.
This pattern suggests that there is marginally higher chances of a fall in CNC stock over the next five days, but the stock is likely to rise over the next ten days and one month, continuing to make fresh highs.
Centene Stock Return (Recent) Comparison With Peers
- Five-Day Return: CNC highest at 8.9%; UNH lowest at 3.9%
- Ten-Day Return: HUM highest at 8.5%; MOH lowest at 1.1%
- Twenty-One Days Return: UNH highest at 4.5%; MOH lowest at -3.7%
What if you’re looking for a more balanced portfolio instead? Here’s a high-quality portfolio that’s beaten the market consistently since the end of 2016.
Invest with Trefis Market Beating Portfolios
See all Trefis Price Estimates